Top-up online with a regular or auto top-up:
Regular top-up online
Set up a Direct Debit to top-up a regular amount every week or month, great for making you make the most of any free credit on our Pay as you go tariff. Plus, you save 10% on all online top-ups.
Auto top-up online
Set up an automatic Direct Debit, to top-up your mobile once your balance falls below a certain level to ensure you never run out of credit. Plus, you save 10% on all online top-ups.
To order your E top-up card;
- Log into My Tesco Mobile.
- Go to 'Cards and Services'.
- Order your E top-up card.
When you receive your E top-up card, here’s how to register it;
- Call 282 free (from your Tesco Mobile phones).
- Key in 19 digit number on your card. You'll find this on the white signature strip on the back.
- Your card will then be registered on your phone and you can use it to top-up whenever you want.
Once registered, you can use the card as often as you like
E top-up cards can be used in any Tesco store and 100,000 locations across the UK, just look out for the green top-up logo.
Click on the E top-up locator to see where you can top-up your phone:
Some stores also sell top-up vouchers (which will have a code printed on them) and E-vouchers (which are printed like a receipt).
To load the credit onto your phone all you need to do is;
- Call us free on 4444 (free from your Tesco Mobile phone).
- or on 0845 940 0000 (from any other phone).
- Then either enter the code that's printed on the top-up voucher or follow the instructions for the E-voucher.
Remember, you can collect triple Clubcard points when you top-up your Tesco Mobile phone.
If you’re a Pay as you go or Pay monthly Capped customer you can earn triple Clubcard points* for every £1 you top-up with Tesco.
* Points are awarded when you top-up at any Tesco store, through our top-up line (call us free on 4444 from your Tesco Mobile phone) or Online. No points will be given for top-ups at ATMs or E top-ups at non-Tesco stores.
* Triple Clubcard points offer ends on the 1st January 2014.
To top-up with a credit or debit card, make sure you have your card and address details handy and then:
- Call us on 4444 free from your Tesco Mobile phone or on 0845 940 0000 from any other phone.
- Enter your credit or debit card details when prompted.
- Once your payment has been processed, you'll hear a message confirming that your top-up was successful.
Things to remember:
- Top-ups made over the phone on 4444 are completely secure and we accept MasterCard, Visa and Maestro cards.
- You can top-up £10 - £30 in sums of £1 with a credit/debit card.
- You can top-up a maximum of £30 with a debit/credit card over a 24 hour period, with the exception of MasterCard, which limits you to £20 worth of top-up in a 24 hour period.
- You can top-up your mobile by up to £150 with your credit/debit card every 30 days. The MasterCard top-up limit is £20 in the first 30 days of using a card that hasn't been used for this purpose previously and £90 every 30 days thereafter.
- If you've already reached the maximum amount of top-up allowed by credit/debit card, then you can use one of our other top-up methods, such as E top-up, ATM top-up or top-up vouchers.
- For your protection, you're limited on the number of mobiles you can top-up with one credit/debit card and also the number of credit/debit cards you can use to top-up the same mobile.
- Don't forget, you can enjoy triple Clubcard points on every top-up made with Tesco. You can register your Clubcard on 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone.
To top-up your phone at a cash machine (ATM), just look out for the Tesco Mobile and top-up logos and follow the instructions on screens.
Here's how it works:
- Put your bank debit card into the machine.
- Enter your PIN number.
- Choose the 'Mobile Top-Up' option.
- Select 'Tesco Mobile'.
- Pick the relevant top-up amount (£10, £15, £20, £30, £40 or £50).
- Type in your mobile number (you'll be asked enter this twice, to ensure the correct phone is topped up).
- Once the top-up has been processed, a 'Top-up successful' message will appear on the cash machine screen. You’ll also receive a confirmation receipt for your records.
- To check your call time balance dial '*#10#' from your handset.
- Your top-up will be paid directly from your bank account and counts against your daily withdrawal limit.
- You can top-up your mobile at over 30,000 participating ATM cash machines if your card issuer has joined the service.
- If you have a Value Tariff you cannot top-up using E top-up or at an cash machine (ATM).
Participating Banks: Co-operative Bank, Coventry Building Society, First Trust Bank, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, Nationwide Building Society, Natwest, Royal Bank of Scotland.
ATM cash machines: Cardpoint, Co-operative Bank, Coutts, Coventry Building Society, First Trust Bank, Hanco, HSBC, Infocash, Lloyds TSB (excluding those machines located at Sainsbury), Moneybox, Nationwide Building Society, Natwest, Royal Bank of Scotland, Scott Tod, Tesco Personal Finance, TRM. (More banks will be joining throughout the coming year so check here for updates).
You can check your Pay as you go credit balance anytime you like, just call;
or by using 'quick dial 2#'
(calls to these numbers are free from the UK)
To find out the balance of any free minutes or texts (you receive each month) by texting 'balance' to 2112. We will then send you a text, to confirm the total of your remaining free allocation.
Back to top
- Voucher and e top-up cards remain the property of Tesco Mobile Ltd.
- All top-up services are subject to availability.
- Credit and debit cards used for top-up must be issued in the UK.
- Credit and debit card top-ups are limited to a minimum of £10 and maximum of £30, in £1 increments for each transaction.
- ATM top-ups are limited to the daily withdrawal limit set by your bank.