Normal opening hours for our Customer Care team are:
There are a couple of ways you can contact us:
- By phone on 0845 301 4455 or 4455 (from your Tesco Mobile phone).
Or via email - just click on the 'Email us' button and complete a few details.
Twitter & Facebook
We’re also on Twitter.Tweet us your questions or comments and we’ll be happy to help.
Like us on Facebook to get all the latest news and updates, plus reviews from customers and our team. facebook.com/tescomobile
To opt-out of marketing communication from Tesco Mobile, text STOP to 26565.
Beware of companies that contact you falsely claiming to be Tesco
These fraudsters may call or contact you and try to lure you into disclosing or confirming your personal information by offering to sell you a mobile phone related service (eg., insurance) cheaper than Tesco. These fraudsters are not part of, and having nothing to do with, Tesco.
There is the possibility that fraudsters could try to ‘phish’ information via the telephone or through SMS messaging. When receiving phone calls or SMS text messages or emails claiming to be from us, please be vigilant.
We feel that a vital fraud prevention measure is to educate you, our customers, about fraud, give you assurance that we are protecting you, and give you tips on how you can prevent fraudsters from targeting you.
What do these fraudsters do?
• Give you enough information (eg., about your previous mobile phone or tariff purchases) to build your trust enough for you to ‘confirm’ your security or personal information claiming (eg.,) that it is necessary for data protection purposes. These fraudsters do not know the personal/security information requested until you reveal it. Never reveal your personal/security information.
A suspected fraudster contacts you: what should you do?
We take your security very seriously and we constantly do all that we can to protect you and so should you (see below). Tesco will never telephone or SMS text or email you to ask for all or any of your security or personal information. We will already have it. If “we” do ever contact you by telephone and you don't feel comfortable then please email us.
If you think that a fraudster has contacted you:
• Do not reveal any security or personal information;
• Do not reveal any of your card payment details;
• Contact us immediately via the details set out on our Contacts page
Help and further information:
How you can protect yourself?
A certain amount of vigilance and common sense is enough to ensure that your identity remains safe.
KEEP YOUR SECURITY AND PEROSNAL DETAILS SAFE
Never give personal or account details to anyone who contacts you unexpectedly. Be suspicious even if they claim to be from Tesco, your bank or the Police. If they claim to be Tesco and you are unsure then ask for their full name, where they work, what department they are in and then call us for confirmation.
If in doubt, do not reveal and contact us immediately.
Tesco Mobile phones are available online, from Tesco Phone Shops and via our telesales team.
Pay as you go phones: The Pay as you go team is available at the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 11pm
- Saturday: 8am - 8pm
- Sunday: 10am - 6pm
Pay monthly phones: You can contact our Pay monthly team is available from:
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 9pm
- Saturdays: 8am - 8pm
- Sundays: 10am - 6pm
Your mobile or SIM card comes with its own phone number printed on the box, but if you’d like to keep your existing mobile number you need to transfer it from your current network.
Just follow these steps, to port in your number:
- Contact your existing network and ask for a PAC (Port Authorisation Code).
- Once you have your PAC code click on the image above.(Please note: Your PAC is only valid for 30 days, so please call before it expires.)
We'll then transfer your existing number to your Tesco Mobile phone.
Your Tesco Mobile takes about 1 working day, we'll send you an email confirming when the transfer will be completed.
On the day of your transfer, your phone number will be moved across to your new SIM card and you will loose network signal. When this happens:
Switch off your phone
Put the new SIM card into your phone
Switch your phone back on
When I transfer to Tesco Mobile will I lose the credits I still have with my old network?
Whilst your number is being transferred, use up any airtime credits you have with your current network. You can also start using your Tesco Mobile SIM card to make and receive calls using the temporary number.
If you’ve got any queries about orders, our returns policy, refunds, replacements or faults, please contact our Aftersales support team.
Pay as you go phones and SIM cards (can be returned within 28 days of purchase)
Pay monthly phones and SIM cards (can be returned within 14 days of purchase)
- If you bought online or over the phone, please call us on 0845 300 6660
- If you bought in store and want to return your phone, please return it to the same store
If you have any tariff or network related queries, please contact our Customer Care team on 0845 301 4455.
Normal opening hours for our Aftersales team are:
All orders are delivered via courier and is dependant on the handset ordered for more information click here.
Back to top
For more information about any ringtones, logos and games you have purchased, either;
- Call us on 0845 872 7272.
- Or click here to download our support form.