How do I return my order if I ordered online?
To arrange the return of the item(s) please Contact Us within 7 working days from the date that you receive the handset.
• It is important you contact us before returning the phone, as you will be issued with a returns authorisation number and the returns address. This allows us to track your return and ensure the phone is disconnected with the network. Your goods must be returned in the original condition together with the original packaging with all components included and within the return period.
• If you choose to cancel during the cooling off period we will make arrangements for you to return the handset free of charge.
• The item(s) must be returned in their original condition, including any accessories, vouchers and free promotional items.
• Please quote the returns reference number we have given you.
• Upon safe return to us of the item(s) in their original condition we will remit a full refund and pay this back to your original payment card. (Please note that Clubcard points and gift cards will not be awarded for returned items.)
• If you do not return the items within 14 days of your cancellation, we will make a charge in respect of the cost of recovering (or attempting to recover) the item(s).
• If you do not return the item(s) within the 14 day timescale, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods.
• If you change your mind and cancel your contract under our cancellation policy you must return your goods in its original and undamaged packaging with all of its components and we reserve the right to seek recovery of the goods and make a charge for the cost of recovery or invoice you for the product.
• If we try and deliver the goods to you then you can refuse to sign for the delivery so that the goods are returned to us and we will refund the price paid to your card; alternatively if you have taken delivery please follow the procedure under ‘How do I return my order’.
Important information about returning mobile phones - Effective January 14th 2013
Royal Mail has changed their requirement and guidelines regarding the transport of mobile phones containing lithium batteries.
Key changes are as follows:
• Returned mobile phones must be sent via a Post Office with receipt given
• Any phones placed into a post box risk being confiscated and potentially destroyed
• Any batteries must be within the mobile phone and the phone packed in such a way that the unit cannot be switched on by movement
• No loose or spare batteries are permitted
How do I return my Pay monthly phone if I bought it in a store?
The following returns policy applies to purchases made in a Tesco store.
• We do not offer a right to cancel any contract with any other mobile network connected through a Tesco Phone Shop, including upgrades (for example, 3, O2, T-Mobile, Orange, Vodafone).
• Faults: If your device develops a fault within 28 days, we are happy to exchange it for a new device of the same make, model, and specification. However, if the device is an Apple iPhone connected on the Orange or T-Mobile (Everything Everywhere) network and develops a fault, please call your network provider, who will arrange for your handset to be repaired or replaced.
If your mobile phone develops a fault over 28 days, please contact the Mobile Phone Helpline on 0845 300 6660, who can arrange for your device to be repaired. The Mobile Phone Helpline is open Monday to Saturday 9am to 8pm and Sunday 11am to 5pm.
• Coverage: In the unlikely event that your network coverage is considered to be poor at your contractual address, please return the product within 7 days and we will help find a network that works for you.